What it does
The Gradebook is a tool for instructors to calculate and store grade
information and distribute it to students online.
Features: Using the Gradebook, instructors can:
- Autocalculate course grades, with the ability to override any
- Define course letter grades based on a 100% scale
- Choose between point- or percentage-based grading
- Create categories to organize items and allow for weighting of
- Enter, view, edit, and release to students scores, grades, and
- Transmit scores to the Gradebook from tools such as Tests &
Quizzes, Assignments, and Forums
- Export scores and grades to Microsoft Excel (in
- Import item scores from spreadsheet (
Viewing scores: The Gradebook lets students view
their own scores and grades once instructors have released them.
Things to consider
- Instructors can view information in the Gradebook in different
ways, including an item summary for each course, item detail, all
grade listing, course grade listing, gradebook setup, and course grade
- Students can view their scores for all items; view their course
grades, once an instructor releases them; and sort their items by
title, due date, grade, and weight, where applicable.
- The Gradebook is section aware, so assistants can see grades only
for students in their particular sections.
- Currently, the Gradebook does not allow you to assign extra credit
or drop the lowest score.
- Instructors can import grades. For instructions, see Importing grades from a spreadsheet.