Exporting and Importing a Form
If you own more than one site, you may want to use a particular form in two or more sites. To do so, you may either recreate the form from the .xsd file in Resources or export the form to your desktop as a compressed file and then import it to the other site(s) where you plan to use it. You may also wish to acquire exported zip files for forms from other users for import to your site(s).
Exporting a Form
To export a zipped file for a form, access the Forms tool and follow these steps:
- If the Forms home page is not displayed, click the Reset button.
- Find the form you want to export.
- Click the Export link below the name of the form. Sakai displays the Opening File window.
- Follow the instructions.
Importing a Form
To import a form, access the site to which you want to import it and follow these steps:
- Add the file to Resources.
- Access the Forms tool. If the Forms menu bar is not displayed, click the Reset button.
- Click the Import button on the menu bar. Sakai displays the Import Form screen.
- Click Select File. Sakai displays the Select Item screen.
- Follow the instructions given for selecting an item. After you click Finish, Sakai displays the Import Form screen again. >The name of the file you chose is displayed in the Import File box. Click the Import button. Sakai imports the file from the Resources area and redisplays the Forms home page. The imported form is listed there. It has the same name and instructions as it had on its original site.
Or, to return to the home page without importing the file into the Forms tool, click Cancel.
Regardless of its state (published or unpublished) on the original site, the form you have imported is in an unpublished state on its new site.